There are some basic fundamentals you need to understand to start your own website.
A domain name is an identity for your website. Technically website address is called domain name. www.seedswebtech.com is a domain name. You have to pay a small fee for this name and this name is subject to availability. Domain name is essential to start a website.
Web hosting is a service which is used to store the contents of a website on the internet. When a user types a website name in a browser, the browser makes a connection with the hosting server and displays the contents stored in the Hosting server to the user. Know more about Web Hosting
A website is a combination of a few HTML codes. Technically you have to know these codes to create a website. But there are several tools that made website making very easy without HTML knowledge. One of the best tools I recommend for a beginner is Wordpress.
Technically, WordPress is an online, open source website creation tool made with PHP & Mysql. But as a non-geeky, WordPress is the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
As I said you don't need to know technical things about website making.
- You have to buy a domain name alias website name.
- You have to buy a hosting alias server.
- Install WordPress in your server.
That's all you need to know.
- You are reading - Understanding the basic fundamentals to start a website
- Step by step guide to purchasing a domain and hosting from Siteground
- Step by step guide to install WordPress using Siteground wizard
- Step by step guide to starting a website in WordPress